St. Alexander Church
The first organizational meeting of the contemplated parish was held on June 28, 1925 in St. John Kanty parish hall. Called by Father Paul Chrzan, the initiating force behind the founding of St. Alexander parish. He presented the plan to Archbishop Messmer who approved it and appointed the Reverend Alexander Kosobacki, assistant priest at St. Hyacinth parish, as pastor and organizer of the new congregation.
A committee was appointed with Mr. John Krukar as secretary and Mr. Anthony Jurkowski, as Treasurer. The new parish was to bear the title St. Alexander. The first meeting decided a permanent church and school combination and separate rectory was decided on. Sunday, July 26, 1925 the grounds on which the parish would be built were blessed. Six months later, December 13, 1925, the cornerstone was blessed. On Sunday, June 27, 1926 at 10:00am in the morning, eleven months after the blessing of the grounds, the church/school complex was blessed and on August 29, 1926 the three church bells were blessed.
The first associate assigned to the parish was Father Bernard Gapinski in 1928.
On November 12, 1950 the parish celebrated its Silver Jubilee and Father Kosobucki celebrated his 25th anniversary as pastor. Father Kosobucki was called to his eternal rest on July 1, 1958. Father Gapinski succeeded him as pastor.
The new church was built and capable of sitting 850 people. The dedication of the new church took place on Sunday, November 19, 1967. In 1967, the old church was converted into a gymnasium. After ten years, Father Gapinski retired because of ill health and Reverend Victor E. Sleva took over for him in July 1968. Fr. Sleva retired in June 1982. Fr. Carl Acker became pastor in July 1982 until June 1994. Fr. Robert Nawrocki became pastor in June 1994 until his retirement in July 2005. Fr. Michael Ignaszak was appointed as sixth pastor on July 1, 2005.