Norms to Baptism at St. John Paul II Parish
Infant Baptism: Baptized and parish practicing parishioners may request the sacrament of baptism for their child through the Parish Office Secretary.
Prior to Baptism:
You must be a registered and participating member of the parish. If you do not have a parish affiliation then you will be required to be a registered member of St. John Paul II Parish or another Catholic parish prior to baptizing your child.
Complete the following prior to Baptismal Preparation Sessions:
- Registration Form. (Check: Baptism)
- A copy of the birth certificate of the child to be baptized and Baptism fee of $30.00, this does not include the priest’s stipend the day of the baptism.
- Proof of Sponsors Eligibility.
Please note: In the selection of godparents, it is required that at least one of the godparents is a practicing Roman Catholic. When considering godparents, one should take into account:
- That the person has completed their Sacraments of Initiation of Baptism, First Communion and Confirmation and is practicing their faith and in good standing with the Catholic Church.
- The godparents chosen should be an example for your family, as one who will support your child in their faith development.
Both parents and sponsors are required to attend the pre-baptism session. English Baptism classes are held on the first Tuesday of the month, 6 p.m. at St. Helen Church and the Spanish Baptism classes are held on the first Thursday of the month, 6 p.m. at St. Helen Church.
After all the forms are completed and returned to the parish office; your date of Baptism will be scheduled.
The Day of Baptism:
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the Baptism is scheduled.